Please take the time to read MyMy Payments Malaysia Sdn Bhd (“MyMy”) Product Disclosure Sheet before you decide to apply for the MyMy Account with Prepaid Mastercard. In addition, do also read the terms and conditions set out in the MyMy Terms and Conditions (“T&C”, ”Agreement”), which is available at https://www.my-my.com/.
In this Product Disclosure Sheet, the words and expressions shall have the same meanings in the T&C, unless the context otherwise requires.
1. What is the MyMy Prepaid Mastercard about?
The MyMy Prepaid Mastercard is an E-Money payment instrument, which contains a monetary value that has been preloaded by the Cardholder to enable payments for purchases at participating Mastercard merchants and online platforms worldwide. The Card comes together with a mobile application (“MyMy App”) which allows you to add money, check the balance on your Card, track your spending, view transactions for the past 30 days, and manage your Card and account (including blocking your Card).
Your account comes with a Virtual Card and/or Physical Prepaid Card issued by MyMy Payments Sdn. Bhd (“MyMy”).
2. What are the key features of this Prepaid Card with Mobile Account?
- The maximum account limit is RM1,500 (“Card Limit”) at any time.
- You can make in-store or online purchases at any Mastercard merchants worldwide (point of sale and e-commerce).
- You can make cash withdrawals at any Mastercard Cirrus ATM networks.
3. What are the requirements to apply for the MyMy Prepaid Mastercard?
- You must download the MyMy App (requires Android version 8.0 or later) to apply for the MyMy Card via the App.
- You must be above 18 years of age.
- You must have a valid MyKad or Passport
- You must be residing in Malaysia with a valid Malaysian address (P.O. Box Address is not accepted).
4. Is there a fee to open an account with MyMy?
There is no fee required to open an account. You are only required to add a minimum of RM20 after the onboarding process to activate your account. This will act as your starting balance in your account.
5. What are the fees and charges that I have to pay?
The fees charged by MyMy are as follows:
6. What are my obligations?
- You must protect your 6-digit Card Personal Identification Number (PIN), One Time Password (OTP) or MyMy PIN, and must not disclose these to third parties.
- You must ensure your Card has sufficient funds i.e., available balance) before conducting any transactions.
- Your account balance is limited to the maximum Card limit of RM1,500.
- You must only use your Card strictly in accordance with the terms and conditions governing the Card.
- You must not use the Card to purchase illegal goods or services or use it for any unlawful and/or fraudulent activities.
- Your Card is non-transferable and can only be used by you as the Cardholder.
- We may freeze your account should it remain inactive for more than 12 months.
- We may also at, our sole and absolute discretion, at any time vary, revise, change, amend, withdraw, substitute, or remove any of the terms and conditions governing the use of the Card. Any such amendment shall be effective twenty-one (21) days after the revised terms have been posted on the MyMy website and app.
**Important: Please read the product Term and Conditions (Cardholder Agreement) for the full terms and conditions governing the use of the Card, including your obligations before you apply for the Card.
7. What if I fail to fulfil my obligations?
- If you do not have sufficient funds in your Card Account to meet the value of your transaction, the transaction will be declined.
- If you fail to secure your Card PIN, OTP or MyMy Pin, you shall be financially liable for all transactions performed and debited from your Card Account.
- If you fail to notify MyMy immediately in the event of loss or theft of your Card, you shall be financially liable for all transactions performed and debited from your Card Account prior to the notification.
- If you fail to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions (Cardholder Agreement), we shall be entitled to block, suspend, revoke and/or terminate your Card.
- We may also at, our sole and absolute discretion, limit, block, suspend, revoke, or terminate (without refunding any balance) your Card or your use of the Card if we detect any unusual, irregular, suspicious, fraudulent, or unauthorized activity or transactions on your Card and/or account, or if we suspect misuse of your Card and/or account.
8. What are the major risks?
As indicated in the previous section, the major risks are as follows:
- If you fail to secure your Card PIN, OTP or MyMy Pin at all times;
- If you fail to immediately notify MyMy in the event of loss or theft of your Card; and
- If you fail to notify MyMy in writing of any errors, discrepancies, or inaccuracies of your Card transaction within 14 days from the date of the e-statement, you may lose your right to dispute the transaction and the debit entry to your Card Account in respect of this transaction shall be deemed final and conclusive.
- When you use your Card to perform an online transaction (that is through internet sites and portals) to purchase goods and services, you are fully liable for the transaction effected through the use of your card information (such as the card number, card expiry date and CVC number of the card).
9. Am I liable for unauthorized transactions in case of loss or theft of my Card?
As the Cardholder, you are financially liable for any transactions performed, until MyMy has received written notifications. In the case of loss or theft of your Card, you should immediately lock your Card to block your Card from further usage by:
- Log on to MyMy App. Tap the Card icon down in the menu bar. Tap Lock button; or
- Log on to MyMy App. Tap the Card icon down in the menu bar. Tap Card Replacement button and immediately request for a new card; or
- Email us at email@example.com to lock your Card.
We may refund money lost up to RM250 if you have been a victim of fraud. You are not entitled to a refund should we find you have acted fraudulently or have been ‘grossly negligent’-such as sharing of PIN or password.
10. What do I need to do if I lose my mobile phone?
In order to protect your account from any unauthorized access or fraudulent activities, you can:
- Call MyMy at +603 7931 9946 to lock your Card; or
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to immediately lock your account.
11. Where can I get further information on MyMy and its products and services?
You can obtain further information as follows:
NOTE: The information provided in this PDS is valid as of March 2022.